Pokémon Go is now live in the Philippines!
For those who are wondering what is a Pokémon Go, it is a free-to-play augmented reality game. A location-based game where involves and progresses via player’s location. This is through some kind of localization technology using our mobile devices!
It uses satellite positioning through GPS which is pre-built on our android/iphones smartphones. Pokémon Go also uses augmented reality game that players experience digital game play in real world environment.
Niantic, Nintendo and the Pokémon Company collaborated to create this game. It was released in selected countries in July 2016 and this August was finally released in the Philippines!
Mobile devices compatibility
- No Intel Processors: For Asus Zenfone users, a bad news for us and a couple of Dell tablets because Intel Processors aren’t supported. Yeah I know I am doomed because last year I just bought an Asus Zenfone 2.
- Android 4.4 and up: If you have a Kitkat smartphones up to Marshmallow version of Android you are eligible to play. Niantic – the company developed Pokémon Go said that Android Nougat 7.0 will support later this year.
- Do you have a strong data connection?: Well you must have atleast H+ up to 4G(LTE connection) Pokémon Go is not an offline game. You might want to check your data plan and a backup power bank for your hunting adventure.
- Location/GPS: Turn on your GPS/Location settings because Pokémon Go needs to know where you are. This is an augmented reality game.
Before/While playing Pokémon Go IN THE PHILIPPINES:
- Safety First, Don’t PokeGo and Drive: When you are driving a car, truck, bus, jeep or anything that needs your full attention, please don’t play the game alone. Bring your wingman let him drive and go to certain location, scan for pokemon and if you see something that is rare, pull over and watch out for your safety and also the safety of other people. Remember: Keep safe and be aware on your surroundings when you’re outside.
- Bring your Powerbank for your smartphone, food and water: Just self explanatory. You also need to survive. If you don’t have a powerbank you may want to check it here “Powerbank your phone buddy”.
- Check yourself first: If you’re sick, rest. If you’re good, Have some warm up, breakfast and don’t let the system eat you.
- Follow government rules and regulations: If it’s not allowed to cross the highway because it’s dangerous/fatal. “wag tumawid, nakamamatay” just don’t cross. It’s not worth the risk. If it’s rare Pokemon. Hmm. still obey the rules.
- Have fun while Hunting!: I guess this is the rule of thumb. Enjoy the gameplay and be social.
If this guide helped you, I hope you’ll enjoy Pokemon GO. Just comment below and we’ll talk about that! 🙂